https://horsch-miller.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/HM_logo_white_phone-300x111.png 0 0 Jim https://horsch-miller.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/HM_logo_white_phone-300x111.png Jim2017-01-17 13:42:022017-02-03 13:46:39Did your Carbon Monoxide Monitor go off?
Carbon monoxide, which is created as a result of incomplete combustion, it is known as the “silent killer” because it’s indiscernible to the five senses and can be a lethal poison.
If the alarm goes off you need to:
- Shut down your gas appliances
- Open up your windows to bring in fresh air
- Leave your house & call the fire department
- Call a professional HVAC company to come and test all your gas appliances–especially your furnace– to see if they’re venting exhaust correctly
WHAT IS CARBON MONOXIDE (CO)?
- Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless poison gas that can be fatal when inhaled.
- It is sometimes called the “silent killer.”
- CO inhibits the blood’s capacity to carry oxygen.
- CO can be produced when burning fuels such as gasoline, propane, natural gas, oil or wood.
- CO is the product of incomplete combustion. If you have fire, you have CO.